Monday, March 11, 2013

Day 2,3,&4

I finally have wifi to update about my trip!!

On Saturday, my host family and I went to see the National Basilica. The story behind the church was wonderful, an I also got to see the ruins of an old church. Then we went to some Costa Rican malls and I accidentally slept from 3pm until 10pm. Jet lag, anyone?

The next my day, we reunited with our tour group to go to Volcan Arenal and Hotel Los Lagos. We made a few stops. One was at the place where they make traditional Costa Rican oxcarts, or carteros. They hand paint every one by hand, and some take 120+ hours of painting!!

Our next stop was at the topiary. It consists of a bunch of hedges made into different shapes and faces. There was also an heladeria, or ice cream shop, which sold the best ice cream I've ever eaten. Mmm:)

After anther hour on the bus, we arrived at hotel Los Lagos. After lunch, everyone was in the pools and hot springs. We played king of the rock, went down water slides, and played in the "hut" which was an itty bitty replica of Volcan Arenal.

Today was interesting for me. This morning, I hiked up the mountain and made my muscles really sore. Then I went exploring to see the resident animals (of course it was amazing). We saw many butterflies, crocodiles, frogs, and Basalisks (lizards who run across water). So cool!!

After we left Arenal, I started to feel sick. I think I was dehydrated from climbing the mountain earlier this morning. I had a fever and a bad headache. I got rid if the fever and traded it for a bad stomachache. Hopefully I can sleep it off tonight. We are now in Hotel Palma Real, in San Jose. I am very excited to see Diego and my host family again. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow morning.

Pura Vida!

Abby :)

1 comment:

  1. Abby--Sounds like you're having a great time! If you can get your hands on some Advil Cold and Sinus, that should help. I also got sick in Costa Rica. Also, drink lots of vitamin c and cranberry juice! It will help, plus in Costa Rica, it tastes fabulous!! :) Feel better!

    ReplyDelete