Thursday, March 7, 2013

One More Day!

In just one day, less than 24 hours (20 to be exact), I will be on a plane to Costa Rica! I am super excited!!

The hardest part about today is remembering everything I need to bring. I have to make sure my music is packed, my wire stand is labeled and in my suitcase, and that all of my mallets, brushes, tuner, and sticks are tucked safely in my stick bag. I have to make sure my money is secure, my passport is ready to go, and that I have a few snacks for the plane. I have to be certain that I pack my swimsuit, concert dress, flip flops, and sunscreen. I'll have to leave behind my dear bunny, my winter clothes, and my heavy blankets to trade for wild iguanas, summer wear and a beach towel. I think I will miss my family and friends more than anything, but I know this is going to be the trip of a lifetime.

My schedule tomorrow is going to be crazy. I have to wake up at three am and be at the airport by 4:45. I'll have to search for a Caribou, Starbucks, or Dunn Bros to make sure I am at least partially awake. I'm excited to ride the flat conveyor belts (a simple joy of being at an airport) and find my friends, who will probably be just as cranky as myself. My flight leaves at 6:45 (supposedly) for Charlotte, North Carolina. I'll make sure to be a respectful traveler and not bother too many other passengers. I'll eat a quick lunch in NC before we board the flight to San José. At this point, I will probably be bouncing with excitement. I apologize in advance to the other passengers on the airplane. At 2:30 we will arrive in San José and I will take my first steps into Costa Rica. I imagine a beautiful blue sky and excitement brimming everywhere. I will then get to see Diego! Diego (along with his friend Sebastian) stayed at my house while they were in Minnesota. I am lucky enough to be staying with Diego's family for four nights!!! I am very excited to see my friend.

I have a lot to do, a lot to look forward to, and a lot of memories to make.

Pura Vida!

Abby :)

1 comment:

  1. Abby! You will have a great time!! Make sure you bring Aloe Vera for when you get sunburned (you will) or buy some when you get there! Also, be sure to try Rostipollo. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete