Friday, March 8, 2013

Día 1!!!!

I am so excited to report that I am blogging from San José, Costa Rica! It is beautiful here.

My day started at 3:45am, when I had to wake up to get to the airport by 5:00am. The first flight to Charlotte was nice, but I was really hungry the whole time. Because of the change in time zones from MN to NC, we didn't have time to eat lunch. :(

Our second flight was quite turbulant, the landing leaving some of us questioning if we wanted to get on an airplane ever again...

When we stepped into the airport in San José, I could feel the climate changeimmediently. My host family keeps offering me blankets, afraid that i will bw cold in the freezing 70°F weather... I think I'm good.

My host family is amazing. Their two dogs, Cici and Nicholas, are super cute. I got to meet much of Diego's family and recieved (much to my delight) many hugs and even a few kisses on the cheek from my host mamá and abuela (grandma).

I am already having so much fun. Pura Vida!

Abby:)

No comments:

Post a Comment